Wednesday, August 6, 2008

"For me to live is Christ...to die is GAIN" Phl. 1:21



My mama graduated to Heaven on March 21, 2008. She was a 23 year Breast Cancer Survivor until February of this year when she was diagnosed with Lung Cancer and Bone Cancer. We knew the prognosis was not good and loved her for choosing to fight to live and was sad when she lost her earthly battle. She was a remarkable, loving, strong woman who loved the Lord and truly knows now what her life verse meant "For me to live is Christ but to die is gain." I miss her every day and there is rarely a time during each day that she is not on my mind. The relationship between a mother and daughter is very special. My mama and I were finally at a season in our life that we had gone from Mother/Daughter to Friends. When you and your mother have finally reached the age of becoming friends the loss of that friend can place a huge void in your life. The void is deeper than I could ever have imagined. I never realized how often I spoke to my mama daily until I was not able to have that honor. One of the greatest joys I have is all of my precious memories of my mama and the joy of knowing that she is with her Jesus. She loved the Lord with all her heart, soul and mind. She lived that love everyday and was a walking reflection of Jesus in her life. "I can only imagine"... what a joy it was for her to look in the face of her Lord that Good Friday Morning when she drifted into Her Saviors Arms. The loss for those she left behind is great and we long for the day that we are able to see her again. I am thankful that she is no longer feeling the sting of this world and I know she is waiting for me to welcome me HOME when my time comes... Until then... I miss you mama and will do my best to share the love you left in my care until the day I see you again.